- What are some ways you can see Jesus in people? (Luke 6:43-45)
- How can people see Jesus in you? (Galatians 5:22-23)
- When do you feel the most connected to God? Is it when you are out in nature? When you hear a worship song? Another way? (Genesis 28:15)
- What’s the most important thing about God people need to be shown? (1 John 4:7-12)
- What do you think God looks like? (Genesis 1:26-27)
- In what way do you think you are most like Jesus? (1 Corinthians 10:31-11:1)
- What gifts/talents has God given you that you could use to show Jesus to others? (1 Peter 4:10-11)
- Talk about a time you were shown Jesus and experienced joy. (John 15:9-11)
GOD SIGHTING TREE
Make a tree trunk and branches. This can be large scale and made from butcher paper or even a real tree branch, or it can be small scale and drawn on a piece of paper or posterboard or anywhere in between. Cut out leaves out of green pieces of paper that are the right size to scale well with your tree. Each day, have kids share a way they saw God working in their lives today. After a legitimate answer is given, have the kid attach the leaf to the tree somewhere on the branches. Make sure you participate as parents, too, so the kids see you are looking for ways God works in your life each day. When the tree branches get covered or when you run out of leaves, find a way to serve as a family. Whether that’s writing cards for kids in the hospital or making a cake together for a neighbor or serving cookies to first responders at the local fire and police stations or anything else, make sure it is a way others can be shown Jesus. Take the leaves off of the tree and start over.
Hint: your “tree” doesn’t have to be a tree. Make it personal to your family! If your family likes video games, make a Pacman maze and cover up the pellets with cut out shapes of Pacman. If your family likes baseball, draw a baseball diamond and cut out little baseballs to completely cover the base line path. If your family likes hiking, cut out hiking boots and make a path all the way up a mountain out of hiking boots. No matter what your family likes to do, make something that will peak their interests and show the family how Jesus was shown to them.