- What is faith? (Hebrews 11:1-3)
- Does faith grow all on its own, or is it something you must work at? (1 Peter 2:1-5)
- How can you increase your faith? (Luke 17:5)
- How has your faith in God helped you today?
- Has God taught you anything new lately?
- The Bible tells us to have a community of believers (or, as we call it, church). What do you like best about going to our church? (Matthew 18:20)
- Do you know why your caretakers (mom, dad, grandparents, foster parents, etc.) decided to follow Jesus?
- Do you think one person’s faith can make a difference in the world? (Hebrews 11)
- Do you believe your faith can make a difference in the world? How? (James 5:17-18)
- What would you tell your friend if your friend asked you, “How do I become a Christian (follow Jesus)?”
- What are some good ways to talk to friends about your faith in Jesus?
- What do you think your friends are learning from seeing your faith?
LIGHT IN A DARK PLACE
Jesus tells us our faith can move mountains (Matthew 17:20). John said the life in Jesus is the light of all humanity and the light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it. James said faith without works is dead (James 2:17). Our faith on display everyday can be a light for those in the darkness to see. Oftentimes, the way we and others best see the Lord is through the way we serve others or the way we are served. Find a family or a community that has a need or simply could use some extra appreciation and find a way to work together as a family to bless them and make them feel important. Make sure to continuously pray for the people you are serving throughout your efforts of working together. Continue to talk about how the faith we show each day through our actions can help those in the dark see the light.